Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Did anyone in high school receive a "language" survey?

I am a high school student in the New York Metro. This week, I recieved a "language" survey administered by my french teacher. The nameless survey asked for my name, address, grade, and current GPA. It asked what language I am currently taking, what languages I wish to take, and what college/career I wish to pursue. Then, it asked if I did any varsity sports, and my views on joining the military! Additionally, this survey asked if I had no choice, what branch of the armed forces would I wish to join! The address at the bottom indicated the so-called "language" survey was from Alexandria, VA.....which also happens to be the home of the department of defense. I wanted to know if anyone else has recievied this survey, and if it is even legal to give to a bunch of 14 year old freshmen!!!!

Did anyone in high school receive a "language" survey?
I'm sure that it is legal, since your teacher gave it to you. That sounds like the math survey that I got in my math class. It asked me what was my favorite type of math, what kind of college would I like to go to, how far I would be willing to go away from home to go to college and also it asked me about what armed forces I would like to join too!


My teacher said that if we did it, they would give us scholarship information. Still waiting on that, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment