Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Did anyone in high school receive a "language" survey?

I am a high school student in the New York Metro. This week, I recieved a "language" survey administered by my french teacher. The nameless survey asked for my name, address, grade, and current GPA. It asked what language I am currently taking, what languages I wish to take, and what college/career I wish to pursue. Then, it asked if I did any varsity sports, and my views on joining the military! Additionally, this survey asked if I had no choice, what branch of the armed forces would I wish to join! The address at the bottom indicated the so-called "language" survey was from Alexandria, VA.....which also happens to be the home of the department of defense. I wanted to know if anyone else has recievied this survey, and if it is even legal to give to a bunch of 14 year old freshmen!!!!

Did anyone in high school receive a "language" survey?
First, the DoD is headquartered at the Pentagon, which is in Arlington, not Alexandria.





Second, whoever it's from, they're just collecting information. If you don't want to fill it out, don't fill it out. Have your parents submit a letter exempting you from surveys. Geez. Paranoid much?





Just wait until you're a senior and you have the option of taking the ASVAB. If you do well, recruiters might actually give you a call and offer you a top rate fully paid for college education. *gasp* The horror.
Reply:Plead the 5th and take no part in the survey!


No comments:

Post a Comment